Garage sales are the ideal place to find bargains at knock down prices. Oftentimes, however, finding garage sales before all the good stuff is gone is no easy task. That is no longer the case, thanks to ever-improving app developments for the iPhone. These ten apps will make your search for garage sales much easier, and help you find the best bargains available in your area.
- Garage Sale Rover – With this clever app, you can search by clothes, toys, tools and much more, in order to find the garage sale that has exactly what you are looking for. Once you have found the location that you want, built-in GPS will guide you right to the sale. By recognizing your location, the Garage Sale Rover creates listings of garage sales in your area and is free in the App Store.
- Yard Sale Mapper – This free app compiles information on yard sales from Craigslist, where you can then view them in map or listing formats. To get the most relevant garage sale results for your area and preference, Yard Sale Manager has filters for location, day of week and distance. Information on products, location and directions is also provided for each garage sale site.
- Garage Sales by Map – Free – Drawing from a number of sources, including Gsalr.com, Craigslist.org, Oodle.com, WeekendTreasure.com and EstateSales.org, Garage Sales by Map has over 60,000 sales listed on a weekly basis. The app has a keyword search feature, making it easier to find the exact items you are looking for without having to scroll through lists. Directions are provided for every site, and the app covers the entire United States.
- Garage Sale Wizards – Unlike many similar apps, Garage Sale Wizards contains estate sales, multi-family sales, moving sales, auctions and any other type of sale uploaded by contributors. This provides you, the user, with a broader bargain hunting experience, and ensures that you won’t miss out on the best deals available. Garage Sales Wizard is free and compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- Garage Sale Tracker – This is an app designed for both garage sale hosts and buyers. Hosts can keep their information up to date via www.garagesalestracker.com, so that customers always know when and where the next sale will be. Buyers can find garage sales by either entering a specific zip-code or using the “my Location” feature to find sales located nearby. This free app uses Google maps to store locations, and is a great tool for finding garage sales, flea markets or consignment shops.
- YardSale – New item alerts will keep you informed of any potential bargains being sold in your area with this free app. YardSale is integrated with social media giants like Facebook and Twitter, allowing users to share their sales items with friends and followers. The app is relatively new; however, reviews from users suggest that the developers are quick to add new features based on user feedback. This is definitely one to watch, as future updates are sure to make this app a leader in the garage sale niche.
- Private Garage Sale – The official app for www.PrivateGarageSale.com, users can list their items for sale on a clean and simple platform, allowing buyers to contact the seller over a secure and free network. The website does not take any commission for listings or sales, so you get to keep all the money that you make. This app makes a great accompaniment to the already successful Private Garage Sale site.
- College Garage Sale – If supporting local schools and colleges is something you feel strongly about, then this is the app for you. 10% of all listing fees are donated to a school of the seller’s choice, and items start at prices as low as $1.00. Another useful, yet strange feature available on College Garage Sale is “Find my Car,” which allows users to locate their car where ever it may be. The app is free for download from the iPhone app store.
- OfferUp – OfferUp is a quick way for sellers to list items and get local buyers. The integrated messaging system makes communication between buyers and sellers much faster, and prevents confusion caused from receiving multiple messages from potential buyers. This free app has received a five-star rating from iPhone users, making it one of the best garage sale apps available in the App Store.
- Scrounge Around – Nearby sales are listed on a daily basis, allowing you to plan and plot your routes to optimize your garage sale experience. You can search by date to receive lists of relevant sales sorted by distance. Scrounge Around easily integrates with a map app, and is free of charge.
This article originally posted @ HireANanny.org.