The year 2017 is coming to a close and it has been wonderful for iPhone developers, especially for those who make games. Games without a doubt are the number one ranking niche in the AppStore, that’s including financially as well. Even if a game is free, if it’s got in-app purchase and people love it then it can rake in thousands maybe millions.
Generally it’s the big names that get their games seen as more popular because they tend to have the huge budget to market it. However there are a few, not so big names that’s managed to get themselves known in 2017. There are developers such as Behold Studios with their RPG styled app Galaxy of Pen and Paper, which have seen it’s popularity grown. There’s also Intermedia Labs with their Trivia app HQ which offers cash prizes during play.
There are a lot of online slot games that became popular in 2017 but one that really show out was Zynga Poker – Texas Holdem. It’s become the world’s most popular poker game, with more tables, tournaments and people to challenge. Of course people like the convenience off playing poker on their phones and not having to sit around the computer.
Then there is without a doubt, I think the most popular game in 2017, Clash Royale. In 2016 developers Supercell managed to get Clash of Clans on so many iOS devices we lost count. They seem to have done the same thing with Clash Royale, it’s just one of those games that you cannot get enough of. You got to love a bit of player against player games and that proves with the huge downloads achieved in 2017 for Clash Royale.
So what are the Most Popular iPhone Games of 2017? Our list is below:
- Clash Royale – Enter the Arena! From the creators of Clash of Clans comes a real-time multiplayer game starring the Royales, your favorite Clash characters and much, much more.
- Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade – When a young Imperial Knight sees their noble house destroyed by the twisted forces of Chaos, they join forces with the Dark Angels Space Marines chapter as a Freeblade. Experience an epic story in over 170 single player missions as you command your Freeblade on a journey of honour, redemption and vengeance. Test your skills and patrol the world of Tarnis to slay endless invaders.
- The Battle of Polytopia – The Battle of Polytopia is a turn based strategic adventure. It’s a game about ruling the world, fighting evil AI tribes, discovering new lands and mastering new technologies.
Auto generated maps make each game a new experience, with unlimited replay value.
Pick and choose among different tribes. Wander in the dark cold forests of Barduria, explore the steamy Kickoo jungles or claim the lush field of the Imperius empire.
- Madden NFL Football – Be the G.O.A.T. in the greatest Madden NFL season yet. Become the GM of your favorite football franchise and handpick a team of stars and legends. Train with the best as Tom Brady takes you through his favorite drills and provides tips on building an unstoppable team. Compete in Tournaments, win the Super Bowl, stay up to date with the real NFL, and play through the careers of current football icons. It’s all here, it’s all fresh, in Madden NFL.
- Pokemon GO – Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. The newest update to Pokémon GO, the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 750 million times and named “Best Mobile Game” by The Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch, introduced a dynamic weather system that recognizes real-world weather, impacting the gameplay experience in a variety of ways, from changing the Pokémon encountered to increasing their effectiveness in combat.