There is an app for everything nowadays. While we certainly don’t encourage you to browse the app store while riding your motorcycle or scooter, there are some apps that can make your journeys a lot smoother and more enjoyable. Plus, there are some incredible apps for moto fans too! With that in mind, read on to discover more about some of the best motorcycle and scooter apps.
- Pirelli Diablo Superbiker – This app is for track day junkies and racers that want to track data, yet don’t want to spend a fortune on doing so. This app will track your lap times, speed, laps, and lean angle, plotting various parameters on a graph. This enables you to have full clarity regarding what you are doing and where.
- Skymotion – Let’s face it; no one wants to ride a motorbike or electric scooter in the rain if they can help it. This is why Skymotion is a must. You will receive up-to-the-minute weather forecasts that are calculated based on your GPS location.
- Road Trip – This is for real number crunchers. This app gives you substantial, detailed data on fuel mileage. The app has been designed for cars, but there is no reason why it can’t be used by those who ride a motorbike or scooter. The app will also remind you when you are due a service, as it keeps track of repairs and servicing.
- Waze – Waze is a map app, and it is a great alternative to Google Maps because it enables you to locate the path your destination with the least resistance. It does this by gathering speed information from all other drivers using the Waze app in your area. You can place a Bluetooth communicator in your helmet, and the Waze app will give you the directions required to get to your desired destination. As the app is constantly searching for the best route, you can be sure that you will cut your journey times considerably. For another alternative to Google Maps, check out this post.
- MotoGP Live Experience – Are you a massive MotoGP fan? If so, this app is a must, ensuring you do not miss any of the action. So long as you have an iOS or Android device, you will be able to take the MotoGP circus with you no matter where you are. This means you can watch all three live races, as well as qualifying and all practice sessions too, complete with commentary and live timing. You will also find some great added features too, including archived footage of previous races, as well as interviews with team members and riders.
- Best Biking Roads – Last but not least, this app does exactly what it says; alerts you to the best biking roads in your area. There are thousands of user-generated routes across the world for you to look through. Some of them are accompanied by videos and pictures and, of course, you can add your own.
So there you have it; six must-have apps if you drive a motorcycle or scooter, or you are massive motorsport fan.