What’s the point purchasing a sound meter for hundreds of dollars when you can download an app for free and measure the noise level around you.
Decibel Sound Meter Pro is the perfect app that measures the noise level so you don’t expose yourself to ridiculous noise levels that would no doubt damage your hearing. The app is calibrated with a Nor140 high-precision professional decibel meter so the measurement accuracy is much better than you think. With the Decibel Sound Meter, you can measure noise levels and the app also give you the option of saving your measurements and the exact location where it was done. You can then share your measurements with whoever you want, for instance, your employer, so they know the exact decibel levels you’re subjecting your ears to.
There’s no high tech stuff to get the app working, it is already set up and ready to go as soon as you open the app. The meter starts measuring immediately after opening the app, so you won’t have to worry about missing the sound. The app can actually run in the background.
● Saves location data for each measurement.
● Save measurements with custom names and rename existing measurements.
● Export measurements in CSV or Audio format.
● Allows you to save, export and playback recorded measurements.
● Highly accurate measurements.
● Integrated Fully Functional Spectrum Analyzer
● Octave Band Real Time Analyzer
● FFT Plot (Fast Fourier Transform)
● Linear and logarithm scales
● Up to 16384 FFT size
● A lot of available window functions
● Tracking for max value
● Max and Min for any selected frequency
The Decibel Sound Meter Pro is free to download. However, to get the full features then you will have to pay $0.99 per month. That’s a small price to pay for an app that will give you the same thing a dB meter which cost hundreds of dollars.
It is a useful app with great features and stunning graphics.